At Nelson Exteriors, our crew knows how time-consuming an exterior or interior paint job can be for inexperienced contractors. When asking, "How long does it take to paint a house?" it's important to keep several factors in mind. Consider the following information to ensure that you get the best experience out of your home improvement.
Do you need to repaint your home's exterior? Or maybe you want to repaint your kitchen, bathroom, or living room? Contact Nelson Exteriors at (678) 283-8171 to partner with a top-class painter.
How Much Time Will You Need During Your Paint Job?
Home painting projects can take days or even weeks to complete, depending on the size of your property. For example, restorations for a 1,500-square-foot property may require three to seven days of work if you are new to house painting.
It's important to include preparation and cleanup time when planning your next paint project. Mapping your rooms, choosing the right paint color, and priming your walls can take two to seven hours. Throwing away loose paint chips and uncovering furniture also requires an hour or two of work.
If you need to prepare your home for guests, don't wait until that week to start painting. Your house may need additional coats of paint once the first layer dries, adding another day or two to your project. A licensed and insured painting company will help you understand what to expect during a comprehensive consultation with the team.
Problems That May Delay Your Paint Project
Small projects, such as a living room touch-up, may only take a few hours to complete. However, problems can delay your paint job if you aren't careful. Here are a few factors to consider:
- Humidity Can Ruin an Exterior Coat of Paint: Heat and humidity can cause fresh paint to bubble or drip down your siding. It also takes paint longer to dry in humid conditions, potentially delaying your project by days. Uneven textures may encourage you to add another layer of paint or start from scratch.
- Shoddy Equipment Will Slow You Down: You may wonder, "How long does it take to paint a house if I don't have a ladder or paint roller?" Without the right equipment, your project could take weeks to complete. Reaching high ledges without the proper tools can also lead to injuries that stop your project altogether.
- Using the Wrong Paint for Your Surfaces: Painting your entire house with the wrong paint can cost you precious time and money. Take the time to learn which paint products work best on certain surfaces. For example, acrylic paint is a popular choice for wood walls, and oil-based paints are best for outdoor metal siding.
- Painting Alone Can Be Exhausting: Whether you own a 1,000- or 2,500-square-foot home, painting alone could take several days. Instead, consider recruiting your friends or family to help. Assigning each person to a separate room can streamline your project and allow you to focus on other tasks.
Ways to Streamline Your Home Improvement
Don't worry; your paint restoration project doesn't need to be a hassle. You can follow a few tips to save time and enjoy a longer-lasting coat of paint for years:
- Purchase Quality Paint: Superior-grade paints and primers set and dry on surfaces quickly, sometimes only requiring two layers. You may need to spend more money on these products than low-tier paint. However, the time-saving benefits are well worth the initial expense.
- Paint During the Spring or Summer: It's best to paint your property when the temperature reaches between 55 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit. Late spring or early summer is when most contractors recommend completing your project. Mild temperatures reduce the risk of drips or cracks as the paint hardens, saving you hours of time.
- Hire a Reliable Painter: Painting your home can be a lot of fun, but if you don't have the tools or experience to handle the job, it could take you days to finish. Hiring a professional is the fastest way to get an interior and exterior home restoration completed within just 48 hours. They will inspect your property during their initial visit and plan the most efficient painting strategy for your home's architectural style.
Contact a Professional Painter Today
Don't let the size of your paint project intimidate you. Our team at Nelson Exteriors is ready to streamline your home improvements at an affordable cost. We excel at both interior and exterior paint jobs, so you can expect 100% satisfaction during every project.
Best of the Best Television ranked us as one of the Best Atlanta Painting Contractors for our customer service and efficiency. Explore our reviews to see what your neighbors say about our contractors.
How long does it take to paint a house? We have the answers at Nelson Exteriors. We operate in Marietta, GA, and the surrounding cities; call (678) 283-8171 for a consultation.